Sun-dried tomato cottage cheese muffins
Sun-dried tomato cottage cheese muffins (v)
(this is higher in fat than other muffins due to almond flour and cheese. You could substitue eggs for egg whites and use less flour and parmesan too)
Makes 9 muffins.
- 1 cup plain cottage cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup almond flour, very finely ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water,
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/200C degrees. Line a muffin pan with medium-sized paper baking cups, you’ll need nine of them.
- Put the cottage cheese into a bowl with all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, water, and eggs, and season with salt, then mix all together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups 3/4 full, scatter with the remaining Parmesan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set, risen, and golden brown. Serve as hot or at room temperature.
Big love, small tummies!
Jill – The Fat Controller
Please follow and like us: