Does your food promote health or disease?
I haven’t watched such a powerful nutrition based Ted Talk since Jamie Oliver gave his ‘Teach every child about food’.
I have watched this talk twice in one sitting. It’s incredibly powerful. I simply urge you to take a look. I know I talk lots about reducing the #beigedeadfood, #banishthebeige and #debeigetox but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that very few of us eat nearly enough plant food! This is just some of the things Mark Bittman (there is no one like him. His core message—that food has the power to make or break not only our personal health but that of the planet), covers during his passionate and powerful talk about the foods we are really eating and the consequences to us AND the planet:
- Between 1950 and 2000 the population has doubled
- Meat consumption has increased 5 fold
- 10 billion animals are killed a year and are industrialised
- The last 100 years has seen food industrialised immeasurably
- Cooking has declined since the 70s
- 100 years ago everyone was a #locavore (ate only locally produced foods)
- Vitamin supplements didn’t exist 100 years ago
- The government recommended food pyramid is devised by people closely tied to the food industry
- Livestock is the 2 highest contributor to atmospheric changes
- 50% of the worlds antibiotics are given to animals
- 1 billion cans of coke are consumed PER day
Please take 20 minutes to watch it! We don’t have to be perfect, but if each of us made small changes then we could together make a BIG difference!
Big love, small tummies!
Jill – The Fat Controller
p.s. Our group is over 900 now with lots of stories of changed diets and smaller tummies! Come join our growing community of fat controllers and people discovering the benefit of eating real food and an abundance of plant food! Banish the Beige with The Fat Controller!